be careful what they ask for
Except for Preying Mantis and Soleimani the Iranians have acted with impunity since 1979. Why wouldn't they act now after observing our current leadership in action?
Solid analysis, Professor. What to do about Iran?
THEY ARE LYING TO YOU. Every war is about religion, especially in the Sandbox. Just saying...
1) They lied to u about Russia Collusion
2) They lied to u about the Ukraine War
3) They lied to u about the Ukraine Biolabs
4) They lied to u about Cov-i-d 19 Plandemic
5) They lied to u about Lockdowns
6) They lied to u about Useless Facemasks
7) They lied to u about Vaxxeens
8- They lied to u about Ivermectin
9) They lied to u about Hydroxychloroquine
10) They lied to u about Twitter Censorship
11) They lied to u about the Fake Steele Dossier
12) They lied to u about the 2020 Ele-ct-io-n
13) They lied to u about the 2022 Midterms
14) They lied to u about Hunter's Laptop
15) They lied to u about Hillary's Emails
16) They lied to u about the FBI/CIA spying on your social media
17) They lied to u about Fast & Furious
18) They lied to u about Election Interference
19) They lied to u about 9/11
20) They lied to u about Saddam & Iraq having WMDs
21) They lied to u about PizzaGate
22) They lied to u about Child S-e-x Trafficking
23) They lied to u about Epstein S-e-x Island
24) They lied to u about The Patriot Act
25) They lied to u about The Global War on Terror
26) They lied to u about The Southern Border
27) They lied to u about Jan. 6th
28) They lied to u about Vietnam
29) They lied to u about Watergate
30) They lied to u about JFK
31) They lied to u about RFK
32) They lied to u about MLK, Jr.
33) They lied to u about Benghazi
34) They lied to u about Afghanistan
35) They lied to u about The War on Drugs
36) They lied to u about HIV/AIDS
37) They lied to u about Cancer
38) They lied to u about Climate Change
39) They lied to u about The Green New Deal
40) They lied to u about Food, Water, Cleaning Products
41) They lied to u about The Federal Reserve
42) They lied to u about The Washington Act of 1871 where Congress cut a deal w/foreign powers and intl. bankers and took the $ making 10 sq. miles of DC sovereign and changed us from the Republic FOR The United States of America to the United States Corporation where we're all "citizens" w/privileges instead of rights given by God!
43) They lied to u about Mass Shootings
44) They lied to u about The Great Reset
45) They lied to u about Agenda 21
46) They lied to u about Agenda 2030
47) They lied to u about the Anthony Weiner Laptop
48) They lied to u about Wikileaks and Julian Assange
49) They lied to u about Waco
50) They lied to u about Ruby Ridge
51) They lied to u about Nashville
52) They lied to u about Las Vegas
53) They lied to u about Hollywood
54) They lied to u about the OKC Bombing
55) They lied to u about Andrew Breitbart's Death
56) They lied to u about Gold
57) They lied to u about Michael Obama
58) They lied to u about Obama's kids
59) They lied to u about Margaret Sanger
60) They lied to u about Joan Rivers' Death
61) They lied to u about Haiti
62) They lied to u about Hunter's Cocaine
63) They lied to u about Investing on Wall St.
64) They lied to u about Chinese Spy Balloons
65) They lied to u about 15min. Cities
66) They lied to u about Feminism
67) They lied to u about Antarctica
68) They lied to u about Freemasons
69) They lied to u about Operation Mockingbird
70) They lied to u about MK Ultra
71) They lied to u about Chemtrails
72) They lied to u about the Earth, Roswell, NASA, Outer Space, Moon Landing??
Anything Else?? 🤔
Cringing as I type this, but have to wonder what our plan actually is. How quickly would a DDG's VLS cells be emptied shooting down drones / cruise missiles? Shudder to think we might be plinking low value targets at the expense of the ability to defend ourselves or hit the "real" target when the time comes. Iran seems to have enough media plausible deniability to keep public opinion away from ground truth, meaning we could find ourselves on the wrong end of a UN resolution condemning us for "escalation" if we hit them. Our forces will defend themselves competently (I hope and pray). We're now in the WEZ of multiple unfriendly entities, can't rule out someone deliberately targeting us to escalate and broaden the conflict. Looking for candidates to do that produces a long list with little or no effort.
Ike will stay in the Med and Ford to the Persian Gulf? Opposite of all I've been hearing. Has there been a change?
I'd vote for this - a threat to sink every ship in the Iranian Navy if the hostages aren't released by X, and X means soon. You hit Iran where you can't hurt civilians, who despise their regime, so you reduce the risk of turning the civilians against us. Even as small as it is, their Navy is still an important asset to the regime. Hitting back at proxies - what does this do?
Heck, end an Iranian Air Force base for all I care. But take out an asset that matters to Iran. The proxies are useful idiots to the Mullahs. And sacrificial lambs.
The problem I see is that Netanyahu is tied to attacking Iran and the Arab world will see us as agents of Israel. Self defense is fine but anything else will boomerang on us
"Last week we deployed UK based F-15E Strike Eagles to Jordan. That is clearly designed to deter Hezbollah in Lebanon and perhaps as part of possible action against Gaza"
Why Jordan? Because it would be a stronger message if we based in Israel?
Doesn't Jordan basing either limit our response options or risk widening the conflict?
The US and Iran have been in a DeFacto State of War since November 1979. The Iranians have bombed US Embassies and military Installations throughout the Middle East, attacked US Forces in Iraq and Kurdistan during OIF, OIR. This list goes on.
The only time the Iranians backed down was when the Vincennes took out Iran Air 655. Good ol Robocruiser.
I've discussed with some IC Friends about why now, the Iranians seem really intent on provoking a US Military response in the region. Power Struggle in Tehran among the Hard Liners and Ultra Hard Liners in the Guardian Council? Did the Iranians develop a Nuke or obtain a Nuke from the North Koreans?
If the proverbial Balloon goes up in the Middle East with an Iranian attack in the region, even if the US moderates their response, you can be sure the Israelis wont.
Minor correction: CARNEY has been back in Mayport since 2020. ROOSEVELT is a Rota ship detached to the FORD CSG.
There's also the ~500 Americans that live/reside in Gaza that Hamas is refusing to allow to leave - American human shields.
> None of this would happen without Iran’s backing, money, weapons, and larger network of proxies that all form different fingers of a fist aimed at Israel.
And none of this would happen without America's backing, money, larger weapons, and smaller network of proxies directed at Tehran!
Look, all the support we give the IDF, and yet still they take their orders from Bibi, not Biden. We cajole, not control; we have influence but it's not unlimited.
Forget that Iran deals with the same complexities in it's relationship with Hamas, and that invites miscalculation.
Which gets to my real beef with "none of this would happen" as a claim. If the President of the United States and the Supreme Leader of Iran met and made an agreement for both to simply withdraw from the whole Israel/Palestine conflict—and both those leaders referred the agreement their respective democratic assemblies—and both those assemblies ratified the agreement, which became a treaty—and both sides honored the treaty—if all those things happened, this would still be happening!
In fact, what does the front porch think is more achievable? The things I've described? Or bringing peace to the Holy Land?
BZ to the CARNEY CIC team. The last time that a DDG 51 Class CIC team was in the news was when CIC was used as a secondary ship's head.
If we're really serious, splash the next Iranian boat that harasses our ships entering the PG.
What every reader of this blog should do is sit down and put pen to paper and write your Congressman. Tell him how proud you are of the Navy's response to the war, and DEMAND THAT HE FUND THE CONSTRUCTION OF MORE SHIPS LIKE THE ONE THAT SHOT DOWN IRAN'S MISSILES.
Somebody put it better than I did, and I think he wrote that we should "build TICOs until the cows come home." That asset has shown value, now is the time to press for more of them.
Oh goody, time for another round of the Middle East version of the game "Proxie Whack-a-Mole." So rather than darting here and fro plinking terrorists with Hellfire missiles, this time we will be all about plinking slow moving drones and cheap cruise missiles with expensive anti-air missiles. Perhaps this will avail us of an opportunity to lower the transaction costs of dealing with this garbage rather than employing SM-2's.